In less than an hour, my husband and I have a different lunch salad for every day of the work week. It's fun and I get to be so creative making salads that last all week by following these simple steps.
- Make sure everything is dry.
- Have everything out before you begin.
- Pack anything with moisture (dressing, fruit, beans, etc.) in a separate cup.
- Do different salads for each day so you don't get bored.
- Eat salads with anything that might not last earlier in the week (e.g. chicken).
Here are just a few of the salads I make frequently:
- Grilled chicken with red onion, sliced strawberries and organic goat cheese over arugula
- Deli turkey with black beans, cherry tomatoes, corn, peppers and avocado over romaine
- Turkey pepperoni, cherry tomatoes, peppers, organic mozzarella cheese and hard-boiled egg over spinach