It's comical when I'm out to dinner and the server comes over with the giant dessert tray and huge smile. Before they even begin, I spare them by asking which one doesn't have nuts or dairy. Forget the sugar aspect because once the person thinks for a moment about the allergies, they either tell me they are sorry or offer fruit. However, at home I sometimes like to have a dessert and below are the 10 I turn to:
1. Mango sorbet (food process frozen mango)
2. Banana "ice cream" (food process frozen bananas)
3. Fresh berries
4. Grilled peaches
5. Grilled pineapple
6. ONE scoop of organic ice cream
7. A piece of dairy-free/dark chocolate
8. Banana oat cookies
9. Avocado cookies
10. 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta mixed with a few drops vanilla stevia and fresh fruit.
The fruit and chocolate options are self-explanatory. Recipes for the cookies and ice cream can be found here.